Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long weekend

Soooo another regular week as far as I can remember XD It’s always hard to remember what I did during the week because I’m always writing these things a week behind or more.
Monday was the 30th of November and I had my Eikawa class as usual. That day was payday and it was much needed. Tuesday thru Thursday has culminated to a hazy green blur and brings me to Friday. After leaving Koshino far later than I would have expected (because I had to record the speaking part of an English test (( this could have also happened on Tuesday. Refer to the previous blur statement above)) and got home around 5). It wasn’t long after I got home that I packed up my computer and found myself at the train station heading towards Takaoka to meet up with Nicole and her husband. Once I got there we went straight to the Brazilian hamburger place everyone had been talking about. It didn’t disappoint though it was nothing compared to the burgers I had in Tokyo a few weeks previous. After we had ate and talked awhile Matt, Chris, and Zack met up with us and joined us for a chat of utter nerdum. It was here I realized that I was no where near as much of a nerd as they were and need to step up my game. However Matt and I did have a space continuum debate based off the ideas presented in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time about 4D space. Also I realized that the computer consumed others far earlier than it did me. I admitted that when I was young I WENT OUTSIDE and played. Something you don’t see much anymore. Alas I’m sure my choice to do that as a kid spared my hands from intense carpel tunnel and degrading vision in these later years. Nevertheless after paying and wondering around aimlessly a bit we went to a bar and chatted/drank it up there. Kelly and John joined us and it was jolly good times. Around midnight we all decided to pack it in and parted ways at the train station. Since trains don’t run back anywhere that late I ended up crashing with Nicole (which I assumed would happen from the start). On the way back to her place however we managed to get flashed by some random drunk Japanese guy twice. It was rather stupid and we just ignored him and kept walking. What was even more pathetic about this situation was that the man said IN ENGLISH “watch me...”. I mean what kind of crap is that? Either way we quickened our pace reached her house and locked the doors. Her husband was quite ready to bust his skull in but such lunacy wasn’t worth such effort. Instead we settled in and Nicole and I traded media( movies, music etc..) with each other for the next hour or so. I ended up receiving about 8 gigs of data from here while I ended up giving her about 30gigs. Since she posses a Terabyte external memory drive this rather large chunk of data didn’t put a dent in her memory reserves in the slightest. Then it was sleep time. Lately I have had little trouble in passing out which in truth worries me.


Saturday 5th of December started off rather slow and relaxed. Instead of going out and doing much we chilled at Nicole’s place, grabbed food from the Konbini and they proceeded to update me on the episodes of Heroes I was missing. Might I say that this season is crazy and can’t wait to find enough free time to get up to date with the latest episodes. Around 5 we headed out to meet our respective parties for that evening. Catching the train to Toyama I met up with Tiffany while the others headed off for Mexican. Tiffany, Sal, Diku , Debbie, Alexis, Taku (a crew I normally don’t hang with but would like to more) and I headed to dinner. We ate finger food style with others who were already there waiting for us. After a giant fishbowl of liquor later the seven of us hit up Karaoke. Apparently all were surprised at my singing, and at one point started picking songs for me to sing with them. Every time I’d out down the mic there’d be another song I had put in or something someone wanted to duet!. I’m surprised my voice managed to not die! XD ( granted the night held three hours of karaoke between two karaoke places, the latter being an extremely nice place which I wouldn’t mind going to again!) As per usual however it was too late to go home, so Tiff and I crashed at Diku’s for the night.

Sunday morning came far too quick. Tiff, Diku and I grabbed sushi for breakfast and than went to the train station. Tiff offered for me to stay and hit up the arcade but I was fairly done with being out for the weekend. So this is where I parted ways and I went home. Once I got home, I unpacked my computer, started it, picked a lengthy playlist of nice music to listen to, and passed out for a few hours. Once I woke up I grabbed dinner with Rosa, discussed out Christmas plans and then I went home to work on the home test that’s due soon. I got a good chunk of it done then I talked to a couple people on skype (mostly my fam and my brother since it was his birthday) and then went to sleep listening to the Abhorsen Trilogy.

P.S. This is posted has been posted ahead of one that will be posted later, but the dates clarify the time line.

No comments:

Post a Comment