Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years! Welcome 2010!

December 31st-January 1st:
So since I’m back at work (bleh!), and this is just opening ceremony day I have one class at the end of the day to teach. With this free time I feel it’s the opportune time to punch out the New Years entry before I get lazier than I’ve already become. I decided to head to Takaoka for Nicole and Ryan’s New Years Eve party and crash at their place. At this point I was still on the not so good side when it came to my recently acquired food poisoning. Nevertheless after being in the house for two days growing mushrooms I made myself get dressed and go. I got there and was one of the first to arrive but that didn’t last long before several more people poured in with snacks and things to drink. Seeing as I was sick I stayed on the safe side and simply quenched my thirst with soda (a poor replacement for alcohol I know) and ate the snacks (in which I chipped my filling on >.< ) After a while of hanging about we walked to the shrine to give a new years prayer. It was funny because there was supposed to be fireworks. What happened was two minutes before midnight a few fireworks went off and people started bowing and talking to each other. We all starred at each other like deer in headlights until Nicole finally broke the silence and said “ I guess this is when we hug??”, we all laughed and wished each other an happy new year. Though anti-climatic we gave our offering and prayer then headed back to the apartment to drink and chill for the rest of the night. There was also a paper came we played that was quite amusing. Everyone gets a piece a paper and writes a sentence of anything they choose on the paper. Then they pass it clockwise to the next person who has to then draw the sentence. When he/she is done drawing the picture, they fold down the sentence part and pass it again. This person then tries to write a sentence based on the picture alone, and so on and so forth for how ever many turns there are people. When you finally get your paper back you unfold it and look at what it has become. You get quite hilarious results and it’s a fun game. Around 3am everyone was tired and thus crashed. Though I had a good time Japanese New Year has nothing on a good ol’ American New Years party.

January 1st – January 3rd:
I spent 4 days crashing at Nicole and Ryans place. First day being I was tired and there was a small blizzard outside. The second day because Mat and Kelly came over and we all had a little bit too much fun being terrible at Mario for the Wii. Went out for yummy food and the simple fact that train run early and thus after a point there is no way to get home. On the final day (Sunday) we went to the mall and that’s when I got to see the movie AVATAR. It was a great movie, and the graphics were stunning. I would love to see it again. The only problem is it cost me 17bucks to see it once, and it wasn’t even 3D because that is an extra 3 bucks just to get the 3D glasses. I will see about going again, but the price to see any movie really makes me cry inside. XD

So in short! (for once) that’s how I brought in the new year!


2 comments:

  1. It's good to see you enjoying yourself and that your new year got off to a rather joyful start. ^_^ Here's to hoping 2010 brings you the love and care you've been receiving. Be safe, and can't wait to see more updates I may have missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time, lol... Well, at least you'll never be worse than Greg about blogs... >_>... <3. Well, glad it was fun for you. Here's to a new decade, new beginnings. Much love, I'll ttyl hun.

    PS. Yes, your sleep schedule is messed up... but it can't be any worse than mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete