Sunday, April 18, 2010

Long Week Post Long Vacation:

( Vietnam Vacation Post in the works)

The day I arrived back in Japan (April 5th) I went to work two hours after walking in my door. This was the first time I met my new JTE. A twenty five year old guy who is possibly one of the most non Japanese, Japanese people I have ever met. After work was over I managed to drag myself to Eikawa later on that night. It was a feat let me just say.

Wednesday the 7th I had my second ever play rehearsal and it was simply to receive my song and go over it the first time. I need a little work on the timing and on a few spots here and there with the Japanese pronunciation but overall I think I can get the song learned by the 18th. Thankfully the practice ended early and I went home afterwards.

The following day (8th) after work I went with Lawrence to a small Italian place for dinner. It was nice because he invited my out to chill and that really hasn’t happened even though we’ve been neighbors for eight months now. Even though I was spending money I didn’t have I had a good time. The food was great and the company is always nice. The more I talk to / hang with that boy it never ceases to amaze me how talented he is. Makes me want to raise up my awesome status bar. In fact just being here with all the talented people I’ve had the pleasure to meet here in Toyama has made me want to up my game in all areas of life. It’s nice to say I have finally got that push to reach further. Perhaps it’s simply because I don’t like to be average in a group of anything. I always prefer being on the higher end, and I think in truth that’s something everyone wants/or tries to strive for.

Friday the 9th was the beginning of quite a FULL weekend. Instead of perhaps staying home and saving money (and getting sleep) I dressed and made my way to Toyama to meet her and her friends who came from Canada to visit. We ended up going to Gohei (who’s food is great, but service is a bit slow). It was a nice time to just talk with people. Got to chill more with Jarred who is a very cool guy, and Sal who I had an great time with on my Vietnam vacation. Once we left Gohei we went to Karaoke for an hour then wondered around until we found ourselves wasting away time in a bar. Overall the night wasn’t to intense and yet it still ended up being a long one.

Saturday (10th) was a day that started far slower than I had/would have wanted. I lounged around at Vans until late in the afternoon which landed us at Hanami around 4pm. I had hoped to be at Hanami by noon. Kojo Koen Park in Takaoka was very pretty, and just as promised half the kens Jets were there and the Sakura was in full bloom. While I was here I just roamed around and mingled with people. There was some epic picture taking as well which included a Asian against brown people fight along with boys being piggy backed by girls. We all sung along to songs played by Lawrence on ukulele and Chris on guitar. Many Japanese people walked over to watch us. Leave it to foreigners to make a scene and get everyone involved! Yay us!, and leave it to Hanami for letting me see/hang with people I never see, Yay! *snuggles Nicole and Ryan* Around 8pm I left out with Nicole, Ryan, and Debbie to Hilda’s so we could get ready to head back to Toyama and over to Banana Pop for Hilda’s birthday. Hilda let me borrow a shirt of hers to wear, but since there were no late night trains N&R decided not to come out with us. After saying bye to them we (being Hilda, her two friends, and myself) went to the station where we all decided to get Mc Donald’s. Ironically enough nearly twenty of our friends who we had just left at Hanami found themselves in Mc Donald’s with us. It’s apparent that when people are drunk/tipsy they want heavy food. Seeing as we had a little over half an hour before the train we all sat down to eat only to take a mad dash to the right train platform hamburgers and all so we could catch our respective trains. I also found out that Michael a fairly serious and calm individual is CRAZY ( in a good way) when drunk. We all got to Banana Pop but not without talking about the logistics of Thanksgiving and the wonders of southern food. Once at Banana Pop I saw Marianna, Wagner, Nobuki and his wife. They are always a pleasure to be around and I also met a guy names Mark who is a really good painter. It’s too bad that I met him so late as he left back to his home country a few days ago. It was an overall decent time, and nothing overly spectacular. It was nice to be with others. Then after a few hours of this we tiredly made our way to Vans to crash for the night.

Sunday (11th):
SO after I made several trips back and forth from Kurobe to Toyama picking up things I forgot in the first place I went to rehearsal at CIC and had a makeup run. It was overall a bit stressful but now that I’ve done it we have divvied out jobs and I also know what I plan on doing. It’s far easier to know what I am going to be doing for the actors and far less time consuming as well. Once this was over me and Saiyuri went to Uozu for Indira ( yay! Indian food!) It was nice having dinner with her. She really is a sweet girl. A bit crazy and gaijin loving, but a friend nonetheless. With dinner I was aiming for my bed, the weekend was indeed long and crazy! However I was masochistic enough to go watch Saiyuri, Adam, Brian, Brett, and Nana bowl for two hours. THEN I went home! O.o

Sorry the last bit of this was rushed. I’ve been falling behind with my posts, and on top of that I’m nearly ready to pass the hell out from tiredness as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment