Sunday, December 5, 2010

Whirlwind Summary of October

Saturday Oct 2: I decided that against my better judgment I answered an early morning phone call by my friend Pa asking if I wanted to hangout in Takaoka that Saturday. Considering that I hadn’t been there in a while, and it was a change to hang out with another one of the new girls Chuma I decided to get up and go. We got there and of course ate at the Brazilian place. Instead of getting a burger like normal I went for the buffet. It was a bit more expensive but I was able to get some variety of things instead of just a burger meal. Once the three of us finished lunch we walked over to Aeon mall and along the way we say a man dressed up in a Piccolo costume trying to bring people into a Docomo store, or at least I think it was a Docomo store. Once we made it to the mall we ended up just looking around not doing too much while we were there. In fact I don’t recall what we did. XD The only thing I can remember is me purchasing a cute pair of boots which in the end didn’t fit me! >.< lol

October 9th-11th: Kyoto Weekend Trip (separate blog)

October 16th-17th: Early Saturday morning (16th) I woke up and drove to Colare where I tutored the kids selected to travel to Macon, Georgia as a cultural exchange program they have here in my city school system. It was nothing special though I was surprised to find out that one of those kids I had taught last year was really good at English and had lived in Brittan for ten years prior. It was oddly scary and kind of cool sounding to hear a Japanese school kid speak English in a British accent.
When that was all over Lawrence and I headed to another room after grabbing some food at the kombini for band rehearsal. The puppet show was that night and both him and I were singing in the band for it. The rehearsal was quick and before I knew it I was rushing home to change into something nice for the show. I hurried back and they had dinner prepared for us. Once that was over it was SHOW TIME!, and thankfully everything went well. I sung the best I could despite being ridiculously nervous. We all received a good amount of praise and some flowers from one of my bosses in the Board of Education. It was an over all success and relieved everything went well we spent the rest of the night at the local bar drinking and having a good time.
The following Sunday we had a cookout at Jack’s house ( the guy who’s show I sung at the night before) and it was nice because I got to meet a lot of new people, mostly Japanese which I like since I would like to have roots here when I come back to visit Japan later on in life. I met this rowdy bunch from Osaka and some new girls that seem pretty cool and are my age. I had a good and fulfilling weekend!

Saturday October 23rd: This weekend kicked off the Halloween haze of the month. I decided to go as a cowgirl and went to a small gathering of a few Niikawa ALT’s and Japanese people. This took place at a local bar called Hanabsa. It was a cute get together and not MUCH was done. We participated in a little quiz and a few drinks here or there. It was a good start to what was going to be a interesting Saturday night. Once the event was over (only about a two hour long thing). When the event was over I decided to head out to Toyama to meet up with Xue, Akeem and Tina for some late night Karaoke. Jarrad even joined in on the fun as well. It was a crazy night at Karaoke cause I got to hear Tina sing. She was amazingly good, and Akeem was good as well. It should be interesting when Charity Show rolls around if the try out of singing roles. I also managed to save Jarrads life whilst singing. That’s always something to note! Hahaha

Saturday October 30th: Soooo today was the big Halloween Party, the one ppl had being planning for, for the last two to three months. Ofcourse I couldn’t devote my Saturday morning to getting my costume prepared and ready, but I had to attend a music concert thing at my school on a Saturday morning which lasted the whole day. I was freezing and didn’t get home till around 3 something. My wig that I had been waiting in the mail for had also not arrived so I was frantic in trying to figure out what I was going to do for my hair. I ended up makeshift turning my white wig red, but overall I was totally disappointed with the results. Unfortunately by this point and time there was nothing I could really do about. So I gave up the ghost and fixed my makeup and put on most of my costume before driving over to Pa’s house to finish changing and heading to the party which started at 8:00~8:30.
Once I made it to Pa’s place they strapped my up and I helped Chuma and Pa get their costumes ready. Xue was doing her own make-up following a tutorial she saw online. ( something I need to work on doing >.<;) Once we were all dressed we bravely walked those 8 minutes to Banana’s. Bravely you may ask ? Well we were dressed as Poison Ivy, Yuna ( ffX), a gothic Lolita , and a cheetah in the streets of a fairly low-key town in Japan. Needless to say we got stares. However not nearly as much as the twenty man strong dressed up crew from Takaoka we met at the door when we arrived. It was awesome to see and Trevor ( a man after my own heart) was doned in Steampunk attire that he fashioned mostly himself! Oh he’s so good at making things like that. I need to get better!!!!!.
Anyway TONS of people were there and the costumes were amazing as expected. The music wasn’t so bad either and I had a couple of moments of getting down. I never actually took of my cape the whole night, though I was thinking about it cause it was getting super hot with all the people there. I got to dance with Nat and he was charming as usual. It was just good fun. Ppl got trashed pretty quickly as well! And all the Japanese Girls couldn’t stop commenting on my costume and how they wish they had some of my assets ahem.. <.< YEA! So it was prize time and I ended up wining Sexiest costume at the party! I was super happy. My friend Yui won best female which she should have since she came as Princess Mononoke! The party ended around 2am when most ppl had to catch the late train back to their respective cities. I ended up crashing at Pa’s and was sleep the moment my head hit the pillow. I was a bit drunk, which hadn’t happened in a very long time! However the positive/is I don’t get hangovers or act crazy! Yay for self control!!!!

1 comment:

  1. whyd u go for the buffet? u know im struggling

    ReplyDelete