Monday, February 1, 2010

D&D and Onsen! Oh Yea!!

Weekend: Jan 29th thru 31st:

So this weekend was yet another busy yet fulfilling weekend. After work on Friday I was retrieved by Brett and whisked over to David's house to start a new D&D campaign with Brett as our DM. I did managed to stress out a bit while creating my character since all the table top I've played in the past were based off the basics of D&D and not all the specifics and intricacies of the game. Nevertheless they helped me build my character and by the end of it I was a duel-wielding half Elven Ranger named Sanar. Once everyone's game sheets and such were in order we began the campaign. It was rather fun and even though Tiff's character is one you'd like to shoot in the face and my character managed to pick up 6+ nicknames; Sinabar and Singeicles being two of them, it was rather successful. This craziness lasted about a quarter till eleven and with that we all disbanded.

Saturday was onsen day. I woke up in the morning and talked to a few ppl including the Fam, and managed to have enough time to shower and grabs snacks to only show up half and hour after everyone else XD I didn't managed to sit down long before we were all changing into yuukata and walking down to the hot spring. I was a bit nervous at first, but thanks to the absolutely fantastic ladies I was with that worry soon passed me and was forgotten for the whole of the weekend. While in the hot spring we played Mafia (kind of an detective game) and talked bout random stuff and how the random Japanese women kept passing us saying “wow” and doing the curve hand movements. It was rather amusing/awkward/embarrassing all at the same time. After nearly two hours past and our heat tolerance was at it's max we all redressed in our yuukata and returned to the room for a little drinking and relaxing until it was time for dinner. Thankfully we only had to wait about an hour before they retrieved us for dinner. Unfortunately although we ordered the steak set menu we only managed four small cubes of steak while the rest was large quantities of assorted fish. Overall I managed to have an enjoyable dinner and an extra helping of fruit since one of the girls was allergic. After dinner we all retired back to our rooms and from there, there was much talk, gossip, and lounging to be had. It remained this way until nearly ten at night when we decided to take a night plunge in the hot spring. It was lovely. There was a full moon, snow covered mountains, good company and soothing water. Good night. Talking, pictures, massages, and more. Once all that was said and done, some of the girls played FLUX while I did Tina's makeup. It turned out pretty well and she seemed to like it ^^. By the time I was finished however most of the girls went to sleep, I chatted with Debbie for a spell then passed out myself.

The next day we were served breakfast (though I am not partial to breakfast let alone fish in the morning) I ate and we packed up and left the onsen hotel! The rest of the day consisted of my lounging around and then sleeping for the most of the day.

2 comments:

  1. For a fun time out, it sounds like you actually had a moment to relax for a change. ^_^; Though we talked about all the stuff you did, reading it in one fell swoop gives it a much more insightful angle. Hope that restful weekend gets you geared up for the craziness you have ahead. I'll catch you sooner than later~
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete