Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good week, Still ill

March 1st:
It’s March already. The months are going by so quickly and yet sometimes I feel like the days are so long. Long because of the tight schedule I keep and not long enough because I never get EVERYTHING I want done in a day. Although I’m sure I could try harder to accomplish all thing on the ‘Anita wants to do’ list, but I truly don’t have the energy. This week the cold I felt coming on the past weekend was in full stride. Nevertheless I went to work and still kept my dinner date with Adam and Revan. I met them both at a Chinese restaurant off of route eight and the food was good, but rather expensive. The company however was nice and rather laid back. I’d didn’t have to fork over too much energy and it was greatly appreciated. After dinner we said our goodbyes and I rushed to my Eikawa class.

March 2nd:
Work as usual…well not usual, I haven’t been teaching regular class or teaching at all in either one of my junior high schools for at least a month. Just there clocking ours to get paid. After work I mulled around until 6:45 when I left out to meet Adam in Asahi for Taiko drum class. The community center where it was held was in the middle of nowhere and even though I am far out and away from bigger cities I am glad I’m not THAT far out. Once I got there Adam showed a few minutes after me, and with that we walked into class. A large group of kids were there. Cute kids and chubby ones too. I have to admit seeing two chubby brothers was a refreshing site. Seeing kids that eat heartily is a nice look, and a change from the overall stark norm (skiiiiiiny) Japanese kid. For a while we sat on the side and watched the younger kids practice. They were very impressive, and all happened to be Adams students. It was here that I finally met a girl names Usagi. I know it’s a dorky sailor moon fan thing to do, but I was rather genki once I learned her name. One thing is also certain is that I’ll never forget it. Once the older players started me and Adam played the small drums for them. Then they decided to teach us a small routine on the big drums. It was cool but not that easy. We were far less stylish and cool looking I can say that much!

Wednesday 3rd:
The beginning of Jack’s Eikawa class. Taking over for him again since this is a rather busy month for him. They are good/nice people and we just talked throughout the whole time. It was good since the class is to improve English conversation and pronunciation. So there is no better practice then actually having full blown English conversation on topics of interest.

Saturday 6th:
D&D!!! FUCK YEA!! Ok, I think I honestly just like saying that phrase XD. In any case my D&D crew met up at Seattle’s Best in Toyama for a round of game. It was the first time in quite a while that we had all played, and I’m sure it will be a while afterwards before we have another session. Everyone in general is very busy and thus haven’t managed to find consistent times where we can all get together and play. It also doesn’t help that we all are scattered and live in different parts of Toyama. It was interesting playing out in the open for the first two hours because the conference room in the back was already occupied. Nevertheless we had a good time while drinking our coffee. After two hours had passed the conference cleared out and we moved our party in there. It was a far better environment to play and be more vocal now that we weren’t surrounded by random people watching a play. However at this point my illness was really kicking me and once the session I simply went home and called it a day.

Sunday 7th:
First play rehearsal. I don’t have many lines and I am GLAD. Granted I can read romanji and say everything fairly well, my pronunciation on several phrases weren’t very good. It was cool because I got to see the other actors practice, and meet my team of slaves (in the play) and how they were going to interact with me on stage. Overall it was pretty cool. I will have to practice often and do my best to remember my lines. Once practice was over I ended up hanging with Johnny F and Hilda for the remainder of the day. We chilled with Alexis at Seattle’s Best after practice then met up with Jarrad and John at another café later. Then we went and had dinner at this Italian place. The food was pretty good, and there was indeed interesting conversation. However I did more listening then anything simply because I’m a first year. Most conversation was about things in past years, so I just say back an observed. My cold was dragging down pretty hard anyway so I didn’t have much energy to participate to heavily. After dinner we parted with Jarrad and John and found ourselves at Starbucks just relaxing. It was kinda disturbing how we just café hopped the whole day. Granted it was interesting but I’d rather not make that a habit. Days like today can empty a wallet fast.

2 comments:

  1. Will you stop for like a day and rest, like damn. :kick: Yer body needs to rest, bb.

    ReplyDelete