Sunday, June 27, 2010

A feelings post OH NO!

Well I have managed to be here in Japan nearly one year now. It's hard to believe that it's been that long already. When it all started time was going so slowly, and then I decided to get into EVERYTHING and now I never have time. Heh, that's how things go I guess. However lately despite the good times the world has been kicking me pretty hard. I want to say the ball started rolling towards then end of March when my Iphone was stolen till now when I am unsure I will be able to get a Jap License based on a rather stupid stipulation. I think I've just hit my limit of bad things to the point where I can't hide my weary anymore. On top with the longest (I would like a significant other) stint in my twenty-four years of life, things can get a bit complicated. It's pretty crazy. I cry at every movie that has a touching ending. Not balling or anything but misty eyed. I get pissed at Japans attempts to make me feel bad for being black even when these "attempts" aren't direct.

From the sound of it, it makes it seem like my year was rather sour which couldn't be further from the truth. I've had a hell of a year and my experiences have been fantastic. Hence why I’ve probably waited till now to actually whine/dwell about the bad things that’ve happened. However I feel that I should lay out a Positives/Achievements vs. Negatives/Failures list to see what I've done. 

Positives/Achievements
 Lead Role as Yamamba for the Charity Shows 20th performance the “Idol of Oz”
 Created the Tickets for the Charity Show
 Helped with Costume Design for the Charity Show
 Advanced my make-up ability being the Lead Make-up artist for the Charity Show and for Van’s Fashion Show, MASQUED.
 Traveled to three countries outside of Japan; Vietnam, Thailand, and Hong Kong China
 ENJOYED teaching my students, especially my Chuo and Koshino kids.
 Made good friends
 Attempted relationships
 Gained a measure of Fame with the JET and Japanese communities
 Improved my Art skills and maintained moderate frequency in creating it.
 Had NO drama with JETS.
 Maintained most of Lent
 Went to other parts of Japan; Sapporo, Osaka, Tokyo.
 Watched a SUMO tournament
 Went to the (biggest) Yuki Matsuri (snow festival) in Japan.
 Learned to eat food I thought I’d never eat. Ex: Squid, Quail Eggs, Seaweed etc…
 Started sewing ( bought a machine.. need to actually use it! Heh)

If there are more please help me list them. I’d like to make a note of it to myself.

Negatives/Failures

 Didn’t loose any weight really. Maybe a few pounds here or there
 Had my Iphone Stolen in Vietnam
 Had bronchitis during Silver Week
 Back went out for about two weeks
 Vietnam Visa flop
 Jap License dilemma (on going)
 Didn’t save at least 5k this year.
 Didn’t learn much Japanese
 Did not climb Mt. Tateyama
 Lost my house key (on going dilemma)
 Haven’t been devoted enough
 Accepted that in Japan I’m always going to be the “best-friend” and never the Girlfriend.

I should be writing more but I am at work and actually pretty sleepy T_T Laterz!

2 comments:

  1. I've been told if you stop actively looking thats when you find yourself in a relationship. Not sure how much truth there is in that but it can be a lot less stressful. LOL

    Although, I am greatly looking forward to you coming home. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie. Im not looking for it, opprotunities came up and didn't pan out is all.

    Its gonna be a LONG flight.

    ReplyDelete