Sunday, October 18, 2009

Catching up in SHORT posts XD

[forgive my grammer and spelling if it totally sucks this time around]

Okies! so there isn't too much to tell this time around. The last two weeks have had it's ups and downs and I must say that some of the whole “Japanese thrill” is wearing off like I knew it would eventually. Last week I had work and was basically still on the mend from illness. There was a Typhoon on Thursday (8th) of last week and I still had to report to work. The children were off of school so basically I just sat in at my desk trying not to stare at my desk too hard. A few times I simply ducked out of the office, went to the Library, turned on my ipod softly and went to sleep for an hour or two. It was a cold and fairly uncomfortable day and to make matters worse half way during the work day half the staff had to run out in all the rain and wind to move their cars else where because of reports of falling trees. Of course I was one of the lucky ones and had to join the race to move my car. Annoyance was the best way I can describe that day.

The following day( Friday 9th) all the classes were canceled because the kids I taught that day were supposed to go to the beach for a BBQ. Considering that the weather hadn't greatly improved the kids stayed inside and cooked all their food in the cooking room. Now this brightened my day. The kids were so fun to be with. I watched them cook, even helped out when I could. I helped stir matcha pancakes, cook yakisoba, and some of the kids handed me food to just eat while waiting. When I had food I offered it to them as well while they continued to cook. Some ate right off my chopsticks which was cute and surprising all at the same time. The boys of course were my favorite to hangout with. I think they are simply more willing to try and talk English with me, and genuinely like me as well as the boys are less shy... well some of them are. When it was time to eat, I sat down with some of my fellow teachers and we ate. I was asked questions and my JTE translated my answers. Of course my ability to drink came up miraculously and they offered to drink with me if there was an upcoming enkai. Needless to say some of the kids came into the room and I spent time walking around their tables. I even sat at the table with the boys and asked if I could have some of their soda. One of the boys was about to pour me some when on of the boys took the bottle from him and asked if he could pour it for me. OMG too much love do I have for the 3rds years of Koshino Jr. High. I even had a semi drinking contest (soda) with the boys.. and they were impressed with how much I could drink. We all were quite miserable afterwards, but in the good way if that makes sense XD Once I got home I don't honestly remember much else of what I did lol

This was a three day weekend, and for all of Saturday and Sunday I didn't do too much. I cleaned my apartment very well and I went out grocery shopping. Other then that I lay in th bed either watching something on my computer or working through Lord of the Rings books. I had thought about getting a came for my PS3 since I find I have no desire to play the game I did buy. I want to purchase Folklore in English, but there have been others saying that it won't work. If that's the case I will be highly pissed and will give the playstaion back to the store and get a American one.

Monday I went to Takaoka to visit, Nicole and her husband. The main objective was to get things for our Halloween costumes for the upcoming Halloween bash on the 24th (yea I know it’s not on the actual date XD) We went to the mall Aeon, which was rather nice. The first thing we did was eat lunch at Mickey D’s and then went to the gaming center. NOW normally I don’t waste money in these places, especially since the majority of the games were the one where you have to try and pic something up or knock something over. Well lets just say I lost umm a unreasonable sum of money playing, but I DID come out with a lot of plushie phone charms and a stuff cat with a ghost costume! All in all I think it was worth it XD After that we did general window shopping and shoe shopping. In truth I need a lot of new shoes because the ones I brought are upon their last days XD In the end after walking around and getting random things here or there I bought a new pair of black, red, and gold adidas shoes. Buying them brings back memories since when I was young I use to be brand loyal and only bought tennis shoes by adidas! Moving on!!! Umm lets see I ended up getting ice-cream at Baskin Robins (its amazing how many Japanese ppl thought it was a Japanese company) and got pumpkin (seasonal) and matcha flavored ice-cream. I managed to grab some gold and red fabric for my Halloween costume, though I am not yet aware of how I am going to use it. Also during the trip we ate at a Chinese restaurant. The food was good yet different. Needless to say this was a long day, though it was fun and had many good eats involved my feet were on fire. I suppose it serves me right to wear flat slide in shoes while walking around a mall for over eight hours. Once I got home I wasn’t long from the bed, and I called that weekend an success.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of nostalgia for me in this post. Our mall was called Aeon too, and it was filled with 3 floors of shopping goodness, even for a guy who doesn't really like a shop. :p And I did that shit all the time in flat shoes. XD I had running shoes too but I mainly kept them in my locker at school, because the gym didn't allow "outside shoes." No way in hell I was going to be able to find and pay for new ones, either.

    I saw a ton of Baskin Robins over there, or should I say.. saatiwan aisu kuriimu (31 ice cream). :p Pumpkin was an awesome flavor, and I miss the pumpkin soup my host mom made as well. BTW, check out my blog because I plan to write up an entry before the end of the month on my experiences with Halloween in Japan. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, you gotta love how Japanese people think everything is Japanese, and also don't understand when you do say "Baskin Robins". Silly Gaijin, that's just romaji for you guys...

    But yea, I'm excited to see Halloween here in Japan. But I'm also kinda sad at the same time. The only decoration I saw was this loney wood-pumpkin trio hanging on the gate of this one house...and that was it. All I've been doing for Halloween is eating and drinking and partying. But that's not too far from the norm though =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. well thats what you're supposed to do. What kind of parties and where have you been having them?

    ReplyDelete