Monday, October 5, 2009

Well it has been one hell of a dry spell since I placed something here ^^;;; Gomen!! but this time I have an excuse!!! For most of you know after I returned from Silver week I fell pretty ill. It turned out that I acquired viral bronchitis and had a fever. This landed me three days out of work and way too much time to think about things.

Nevertheless I’m out of my head now and am much better for it. This past week was nothing to spectacular. I ended up heading to Poker last Saturday at Amy and Chris’s house. That was fun though I lost all my money. ^^;; The following day I went to watch a bunch of people play ultimate Frisbee. I was still way too ill to actually participate but I was the official photographer and thus I just took pictures of everything, and called the official time out XD.

Then back to school and like I said school was rather normal. I had a good time cause despite small staff irritations the kids make the days bright. I have also taken upon myself to go to my friend’s house after work and a bite to eat at the kabini to help him with his Shadow puppet show. It’s tedious work but the company is rather enjoyable and thus makes it well worth it. ( I also leave his house every night with a pseudo English accent because one of my friends that help out with the show happens to be British! It’s quite funny and he thinks I have a rather good “British” accent. I was too pleased with this!!) I’ve also taken his Eikawa class which looks to last at least a month. So now I work 38 hours a week and teach two adult English classes at night on Mondays and Wednesdays. Needless to say it keeps me busy and I don’t mind it so much. Who needs sleep right??!!!

Moving to this past Saturday (Oct 3rd) The morning was rather eventless, though I did stray out and bought two new shirts and some random materials for my still nonexistent Halloween Costume. Once I got home I kinda lingered around until it was time to go to the Pub Quiz. Matt and Kelli had actually come to the Kurobe area to look at their cat they were reliving Lawrence of. From there we drove to Uozu and walked into a packed Peyote’s and was put on teams. I ended up being out on the largest team and the people were pretty cool. I got to see people I normally don’t and some I do. The questions were rather hard and I had no idea about most of them. I here or there with guesses that happened to be right! XD Honestly I was waiting for the geek questions. The ‘what’s the name of an elven language in Lord of the Rings’ or ‘who were the creators of the Maroders Map’ in Harry Potter kinda questions but there were none. It was sad, and had there been geek questions I’m rather sure I would have been able to contribute more! Never the less our team was fourth place out of eight. I paid for my food and ended up joining a group for some karaoke. We had a thirty minute wait and during this time we exchanged gossip like grade school kids. It was most hilarious and pretty sad!, it’s oh so obvious we don’t live in the city.. Well at least not most of us!. Overall once we got into Karaoke It was quite fun and there was a lot of group singing to Disney songs. Oh how I love the Disney!! I also sung one song on my own and it proved that I am indeed still sick. No lung control and my voice broke all over the place. Not a good look at all >.< Oh well, I just stuck to singing group songs and cheering on those who song songs themselves. Then I dropped Reaven off in Nyuzen after the festivities were over and went home.

I think I have more pics in my arsenal somewhere, however things have been posted on facebook more often than not by others so new pics of things are best found there… sometimes lol !!

2 comments:

  1. Well, look at it this way: you actually had a relaxing time for a change. XD Sometimes you need to pull back from all the excitement, and maybe that sickness was mother nature forcin that. But seeing that you can still have fun is all the better. Keep the stories comin, and ESPECIALLY let us know about Halloween when that comes around. Can't wait to see and hear how that goes! (Silly OpenID won't lemmie tag this name properly)

    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know what you end up doing for Halloween, those were some good times. Parties and watching kids dress up, throwing them a trick-or-treat party. XD

    ReplyDelete