Thursday, October 29, 2009

Party3 Halloween Shingdig at Bananas!!

Saturday 24th

So the day of reckoning is here at last and of course it’s too soon. I woke up relatively early in hopes of finishing my costume for the Halloween party. I have realized that talking on Skype to others while attempting to sew and concentrate is something I should refrain from doing in the future. In any case I spent the next seven hours or so in front of the mirror trying things on, sewing things together, killing my lungs and my hardwood floor with obscene amounts of glitter, super-gluing plastics together ( and maybe I’m slow but I didn’t realize that super glue smoked when it is adhering to things) and more. In the end I could have added more details to the skirt and made a far better band to go around my waist but I simply ran out of time. The sleeves of my dress were a bit shabby as well but hopefully it won’t be noticed. I reached six thirty with my dress still drying and no wings to speak of. I hoped in the shower and took a quick shower and grabbed the cleanest clothes available to me as fast as I could so I could go pick up Nicole and her husband from the train station. Some guy trying to sell me new internet (which I should really do cause mine sucks) while I was on my way out of the door ended up talking to me forever which resulted in I picking them up 15 minutes later then planned. Needless to say I didn’t have time by the time I got back to do the makeup designs I had planned on doing, and while I was putting on my dress they were attempting to fashion wings for me. Rosa stopped by as well wearing her decade montage costume and tried to help them. Meanwhile I was throwing some makeup on my face seeing as we were already a half hour late to the party. In the end the wings didn’t work out and I just went as Autumn and not the Autumn fairy. Grabbing money and my purse we scurried out of my house and jumped in the car.

In good time we arrived at club/bar Bananas and paid our entry fee to get in. The club was bigger and nicer then I was expecting even though I was never really sure what to expect in the first place. I looked around to see who I knew but before I managed to do that I got bum-rushed by loads of people telling me how nice my costume was. Apparently according to everyone I spoke to and all those who I met that night told me that they couldn’t believe I made my own costume. Good conversation of course ensued and before long I inched my way to the drink bar. Here I ordered my vodka and orange juice and mingled through the crowd. Most people were talking and mingling even though there was decent enough dancing music to dance to. There were some normal and rather funny costumes to be seen at the party. One guy dressed up as Lady Gaga, while another guy dressed in a Katamari outfit. Van was a mermaid and the only other person to actually fashion her own costume (which makes sense since she majored in fashion while in college). Floating around while Marissa played a very convincing frat boy, I was pushed into some beer bong thing (at least that’s what I think it’s called), and before you know it I was chugging an entire beer in ten seconds! When it’s a challenge the beer doesn’t taste that bad, but it still manages to have that strange effect of making me tipsy. I’m not sure what it is, but beer will get me tipsy before hard liquor will. After that I was a bit looser and started dancing around with those who actually decided to dance. The music wasn’t bad and for a string of thirty minutes or so they were playing rather good music. Everyone was dancing to this and it’s always fun to be a party of a big dance circle. My drinking had lightened up at this point to Smirnoff, but I was drinking them so fast I’m not sure the low alcohol content mattered. The costume contest winners were announced and I almost won both the sexiest female and the best overall costume. I was told if I had arrived twenty minutes earlier I would have won both. However it was ok, because everyone kept coming up to me to tell me that they voted for me, and that I was the best overall costume winner to them. It was nice to hear since I put effort into making my costume. I also heard three statements repetitively all night; First, “I can’t believe you made your own costume, it’s gorgeous!”, second, “ You have the best cleavage at the party/I can’t believe those things @.@”, and finally” please come to the after party!!”. I also found it amusing how random Japanese girls would tell me how sexy they thought I was, how nice my dress was and how they wish they could have a chest like mine. One even asked if she could share! I laughed rather hard at this, and told them it’s ok to not have a chest like mine. (Though it’s good to finally be on the other side of the stick, and not wishing I had one of their features for a change). The party ended around 2am after a long string of not so good trance (not that it mattered at this point considering most everyone was intoxicated) and after nearly strangling someone for things I won’t say (at least not right now lol) we headed home. Rosa drove us since she was the only one out of the four of us that hadn’t had anything to drink. We stopped by the all night beef place and we ordered bowls of rice and other random things. I swear that, that rice bowl with chicken was the best chicken I have ever had!! (Which I’m sure had everything to do with the munchies from being tipsy and the fact that it was two something in the morning!) Finally we got home, I pulled out one of my futons for Nicole and her hubby to sleep on, and I passed out while they were both in my bathroom trying not to throw up!

Sunday 25th:

I was rather tired but we managed to get up around 11am or so, and I took them to Pizza Jamboree for lunch. We enjoyed it and of course they raved over it. Since it’s where I live I buy something from there several times a week. ( I really should get back to cooking most days >.> ) After that I dropped them off at the train station and went home. The rest of the day was spent putting my futon up and not doing much. I believe I watched some anime, but the rest of the day I just relaxed. It was a pretty fulfilling weekend so a bit of rest was indeed in order.

P.S. I should be able to post pictures of the process of making the dress. Most Halloween pictures have been put on facebook, so take a look there!! The link to my facebook is on the right side of the page. ^^

1 comment:

  1. Lol... Bad trance huh... I'm pretty sure I spoiled you on the trance department or maybe you would have thought the trance was good, XD... Glad the party was fun though. And... <3's that you can say a selection of "trance" is bad, XD.

    ReplyDelete