Sunday, November 1, 2009

The lull before another PARTEE!

Monday 26th:

Worked at Chuo elementary, and taught my six graders. Great group of kids, and very excited when I show up which makes things better. They’re going to be something when they get into jr. high. After this I went home and sat around for a while. I withdrew money in hopes to pay on my car note, but when I drove to Nuyzen to make a payment the dealer was closed. Instead of driving all the way back to Kurobe (especially since I had my Eikawa class in Nuyzen in a couple of hours) I decided to go get something to eat at Mc Donald’s. While I was waiting in line, one of my students that I teach English too on Wednesdays was there. It was good to see her since she often can’t make it to class. She is the sweetest and cutest thing (and very hard to believe she is 29). I decided that she should come and eat with me. It was fun. We ate and talked about zodiac signs, the flu (because it might as well be the BLACK PLAUGE) and work. Half way threw our dinner Adam showed up and after grabbing some fries he came and joined us at the table. We talked mostly about the party the previous Saturday and Sachiyo (my student) seemed amused. After a while she ran off to work and Adam and I talked a bit more until it was time for him to meet up with him friends in Asahi and my time to head to my Eikawa class. After pointing me in the right direction ( cause I get turned around easily in Nuyzen) we parted ways and I stopped by a game store. SO MUCH TALES OF (fill in blank) at this store!!! I have a few friends that love it. Not able to drool for long I left the store and had my Eikawa class. Once the class was over I left for home but stopped off in another game store. I ended up buying a new emerald/hunter green PSP. Now I just need to get some games for it!

Tuesday 27th

No waking memory of this day outside of work, anime, and eventual sleep XD!!!!!

Wednesday 28th

Today I was back at Chuo Elementary, and since it was my last day with the kids before Halloween I decided to put some dramatic makeup on to show the kids. Once I got to school the staff room went NUTS. Everyone asked if I used professional face paint, and how long it took me to do it and so on. I simply told them it took ten minutes before work and I used cheap 100yen (dollar store) makeup XD. The students loved it, and it was raved about all day. Lots of random visits from students in the office to say hi to me (not that they don’t do that normally LOL) but still. Once I got home from work I ended up grabbing pizza and left the face paint on. When I get there the store owner was quite pleased with it. He also told me that he heard from some one that I had good make-up skills. I was rather shocked considering I didn’t know who this other person was and that apparently I’m a topic of discussion elsewhere! XD! In between the time of getting food, eating it, and listening to music I was baking a dessert for my last Eikawa class. (Jack’s show will be over by this point so he will get his students back). Once I was finished I made my way over there and we had our class upstairs while the guys rehearsed the show down stairs. Eikawa was the same as usual, talking and calling it English conversation learning which it was but not about of things of much importance!.
Finally Jack came and retrieved us to watch a run threw of one of the shows called Bango Sam. It was fun to watch and even though I couldn’t understand a lick of the Japanese the story boards were enough to explain everything that happened. They also had a run threw of another story which was far more confusing but I got the basis of it, and was completely filled in on the details once they were done. Afterwards they ate my desert that I three together and they loved it. I was more then surprised. I truly just made the recipe up before the class since I didn’t have the ingredients or the time to make a cake. After a while of eating and chatting I left for home.

Thursday 29th
Today I had school at Takase. It’s my least favorite school, but occasionally I have a decent time there. The kids there just seem so drained of life. There are a few that aren’t and there is on class that is down right pleasant, but otherwise they just seem like they really don’t want to be at school in the slightest. Which I can understand, but I don’t think I was quite so glum in middle school. After work I went and did one or two things before picking up Yasmine from the train station. She let me borrow her witch hat for my costume on Saturday, and since she came this way we went and got pizza and had good talks. Talks about things that pertain to us more specially then other people considering were are African Americans in Japan. It was nice to have someone to talk to about those kind of things. After we ate we kinda just chilled and had a big Harry Potter debate, about the characters, disappointments, what we loved, what we hated and why did J.K Rowling have to go crazy at the end of the series and go serial killing people. Soon after I dropped her off and I headed home.

2 comments:

  1. Heh heh heh...
    So many things I could say, but I'll leave it at "I told you so" and let you figure out what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I could figure out who ^^^ is, lol. Anyways, I'm gonna blame the misspellings and grammatical errors on you being in a foreign country, and that you're writing these really late at night, XD. So it is forgiven, >_>... Just gotta work on the difference between Threw and Through... at least for now, lol.

    ReplyDelete