Sunday, November 1, 2009

Party On!

Friday 30th
Today I went to school at Koshino but had no classes to teach. Today was my demo class which I left Koshino at 10:30am to get ready for. I arrived at Chuo and went over the lesson plan I was to teach and then from there it was a waiting game. Thankfully however Brett who works at Chuo on Fridays was there and we held conversation until it was time for my Demo. In truth I really wasn’t all that nervous, granted there were far more people then I was originally expecting, but in the end the only thing I didn’t do was act as goofy with the kids as I would normally. The first demo class was the fourth graders. That went pretty smoothly although by the end of the class I was sweating bullets. It was abnormally hot, but with an extra twenty plus adults in the room surveying the class I guess I should expect no less. After finishing that class we rushed back down to the office, grabbed materials for the second demo class, and five minutes later were heading into the 6th class for round two. This lesson went well too, but with a little more effort then it had taken with the fourth graders. Needless to say I had only managed to get hotter, and was all too happy when the class was over. A few adults stopped me to thank me for teaching the classes and tell me that they thought I did well. Once I got back to the office I was sure that I would have to remain at the school until normal work hours were over. Thankfully however we were allowed to leave an entire hour and a half earlier then normal and it was wonderful. Getting that hour back even though I’m not entirely sure what I did in that time it is a good feeling. Either way it wasn’t long after work when I had to meet Brett outside for our enaki at 6:30.

Once we were all situated in our seats at the table our principle gave a speech about the events of the day and thanked everyone involved for their work during the demo lessons earlier that day. Then we filled our glasses, gave a round of cheers and began eating. I ate food though not nearly as much as I have at previous enkai’s and then once everyone had really settled in and bellies were full more conversation started. I talked with those on my end, and we went over nicknames again, and I learned new ones. Ofcourse I remain Ah-chan and some of my favorite players were there to talk and joke around with me, Ma-chan, Su-cha, Tsu-chan, NoriB and others. If you were to ask me what their real names were I wouldn’t be able to tell you. However I would be able to tell you most of their ages, Chinese zodiac signs, cup size (yes, I do mean bras) and if they have children or not. After being on this end of the table I decided to get up and walk to the other end of the table with a bottle of beer to refill their cups (which is custom at an enkai to start conversation and so on). On this side of the table there were mostly women, and they asked me about the Halloween party the previous weekend and if I had a boyfriend/who I thought was cute and so on. Both me and a fellow teacher who are the same age both think our fellow 25year old fourth grade teacher is rather cute. It was fun to talk about that kinda fun ridiculous stuff with them. Then I showed them a picture of me in my Halloween costume and this started a huge frenzy. They all looked at my picture and told me how wonderful my facial makeup was, how they couldn’t believe that I made my own Halloween costume by hand or period, and that I had a good body XD!. I mean they were extremely focused on my boobs which is flattering and kinda omg! At the same time. Apparently having a chest like mine also comes along with an onomatopoeia and they said my boobs were “Bon Bon” while they did a hand motion over the chest area. I was so embarrassed and laughing nervously during this whole exchange, and if I could blush I’m sure I would have. Finally I moved back to the other side of the table and just like at the other end, I ended up showing my Halloween pictures. Well this side was full of guys and boy could you tell!. Some of them were like “EHHHHH!!!!!!!” or others were like “OHHHH!!” and some just lifted up their glasses and starred and others were like “DYNAMITE BODY!” even Ma-chan told me that he “WENT TO HEAVEN” and did the classic anime nosebleed motion. XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was the talk of that side for a while, and the other women compared themselves to me. I told them it was ok! And they then asked me what my Bra size was. When I told them I have yet to find a bra in this country that could fit me they were most stunned. After some time it drifted away from me and to the other ALT Brett and what he did for Halloween and who his wife was and so on. Needless to say good drinking and conversation continued on until we did our farewell Bonzai!! and the “official” enaki ended.

After leaving the restaurant me and a few of my fellow co-workers when to a Bar, got
snacks, more drinks and sung Karaoke. They remembered my singing from last time
and insisted that I sing this time around. Of course I obliged and even Brett and I sang the Aladdin “I can show you the world” duet. That was fun, and they thought it was the sweetest thing. Brett actually requested that I sang a few Disney songs, and I did. How can you go wrong with lil Mermaid and Aladdin? In one Japanese song I sung the refrain because it was sooo simple, and they got a kick out of it, and so did I. We didn’t leave this bar until we were basically told it was our last song. It wasn’t horrible late so me and five or six other broke off and went to another place to eat while the others went home. At the third place it was simple eating and conversation. I had matcha ice-cream and talked about Naruto, Gundam, and Evangel ion with the cute 25 year old teacher. It was actually the first time I had really had some form of conversation with him outside of class. Its always nice to get to know my coworkers better. The Chuo group of people are truly wonderful and fun people. They also didn’t make me pay for anything other then the enaki price that everyone pays. So flippin awesome!! After a while here we called it a night. We took daiko home and I went in my house and went to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. You have yet to find a bra in your size....?
    XD
    I don't know where to start with that one. lol

    But it sounds like your doing well and busy as a hell (rhymes unintentional XD), so keep doing your best, stay upbeat and rock on Sensei. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know the party went exceedingly well for you, considering that was the happiest you've sounded on the phone since you've been there, so I'm glad it was great for you, and it seemed to clear a lot of stress off your palate for the time being. Pretty sure u said Ma-Chan said "oh i die go heaven now" lol. I think that response was funnier.
    As for that thing you need me to find for you, I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete