Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Party 4 or maybe 5!! XD!! Halloween is a Beast!

Saturday 31st:
Today was the day in preparation for Tiffany’s birthday/Halloween party. I managed to get a bit of sleep and during the day I don’t recall doing much. I might have talked to a few people, but other then that I just got ready for Trick or Treating with the Kids in Uozu. So when the time came I got dressed in my witches costume and started putting on my makeup. Of course I couldn’t find the green eye-liner I needed to complete the look but I didn’t have time to worry about it. I grabbed my hat slid on some shoes and walked out the door. However I didn’t realize until I met Brett outside to ride with him that I had put on two completely different shoes. Luckily my socks were black and white stripped and one shoe I wore was white while the other was black. I asked Brett if it looked horrible and he said it looked like it was done on purpose XD So with that I left it as is and rode with them to the place we’d be leading the kids trick or treating. During the ride over I happened to see the prettiest sunset I have seen in my life. It was over the water and the sun was amazingly huge. It’s something about this part of the world that the moon and the sun are harvest size more often then not when rising or setting.

Once we arrived at the area there were far more kids then I had anticipated. They were all very cute. I received my group number and stood where all the other ALT’s who were volunteering so my group could line up in front of me. Once everything was squared away we led our groups one by one around a block where shops were handing out candy. I went around leading my kids and a few especially one kids talked off at the mouth at me. He must have found me intriguing, but he was a nice kid, and he didn’t give up even when I couldn’t answer most of his questions. He was a good kid, and I wouldn’t have minded him as a student. The path was short and took all of 40 minutes to complete. Once finished all the groups gathered back where we started and waiting while they announced a few prizes for costumes. The same talkative kid even game me some of his candy, and apparently I was the only one of us ALT’s whose kid offered them anything.  Finally after the kids had to leave they wanted all the volunteers to take a group picture and gave us our gift for volunteering our time. We each got to choose a bottle of wine from a choice of several varieties. Now this to me was a pretty ritzy gift. I felt kinda G getting a bottle of wine XD. Since I had somewhere else to be, I said goodbye to the others and Brett drove me home. I ran in my house, patched up my make-up, grabbed my camera, put on a pair of the *same* shoes and hopped in my car for the train station.

When I arrived in Toyama I inevitably had no idea where I was going and spent the first 20 minutes there wandering aimlessly. However Tiffany came out and got me and we walked back to her party. There were a ton of people there and I had just made it for the tale end of the dinner. I was able to make last round though and snagged some chicken wings and a glass of water. Others kept feeding me things they either didn’t want or had too much of to eat themselves so in the end I spent less then five hundred yen on food. Once the dinner concluded, and we took a pit stop to get Puri Puri taken (picture booth photos which are all the rage here in Japan. Those pics are on facebook and I’m sure you’ll be able to tell which pictures are Puri Puri XD) most of us traveled to this bar about twenty feet across from the restaurant. Most of us mingled for an hour or so and I simply drank water while at the bar because I was both hot and not fond of all the smoke. After some serious prodding and push a group of us went to Karaoke. This was fun though this was my first karoke experience where people sung over you if they liked the song you picked. I’ve sang several songs and was told I should try out for the Charity show auditions. I was even pulled to the side and told what part I should audition for since a certain song writer wants to write a song specifically for me, and also wants me to possibly sing in his band O.o, Crazy right?!!? One girl just starred at me dreamily while I sung, and though it was flattering I’m not use to someone being like that around me while I sing. Either way I danced around and sang songs with others, had a few jin and tonics and stayed there until leaving at 2 something with Rosa and Lester. The drive home was rather funny as we made fun of Rosa in a joking way about driving, and we stopped off and grabbed a bite to eat at the 24 hour beef bowl place. After all was said and done, I went in my apartment and hit the sheets.

2 comments:

  1. "One girl just starred at me dreamily while I sung, and though it was flattering I’m not use to someone being like that around me while I sing."
    Pretty sure that's, cuz you never sing around me, >_>... It would happen all the time...
    Anyways, I still think its funny that its called PuriPuri... I've always been under the impression that was onomatopoeia for boobs bouncing, even though I also hear "bon bon"... and yes onomatopoeia, not anamanapia, >_>... You make me Orz so hard, = /... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the puripuri pics are awesome, Xp.

    ReplyDelete