Sunday, November 8, 2009

Foie Gras >.> cause someone said so...

Saturday November 7th
So today I was SUPPOSED to be productive, but of course that failed miserably. I ended up sleeping most of the day away, and when I was awake my attempts to clean my apartment were thwarted by phone calls from various people from the states. In the end I ended up getting dress, fixing my hair a bit and slapping on a bit of make-up because I was to head out with Brain, Rie, and Zack for dinner and then later Hilda for clubbing. Everyone was nicely dressed and we hopped the train to Toyama where we were to eat. On the way we ended up picking up one of Rie’s students and laughed at Brain because he had a stiff neck and couldn’t turn his head to a certain side. XD At the restaurant I learned it was French cuisine, and to start things off the table had classes of wine and beer. We toasted to good food and readied ourselves for dinner. Tonight we were taking part in a special promotion where we get a six course meal (all small portions of course). First course was some kind of well steamed vegetables. 2nd was Foie Gras which is duck liver for those who don’t know. On a regular basis I wouldn’t touched Foie Gras if you paid me but I suppose my palette has become more acceptable to different foods since I’ve been in Japan. 3rd round was pasta. 4th round was some kind of white fish that was rather tasty. 5th round was duck and lamb meat with decorative potato garnishes. The final round of food happened to be dessert. A combination of some waffle, ice cream, and fruit. Out of all the courses I enjoyed round 3,4 and 6 the most. During all the eating we had fun conversation and I had more wine while the guys had more beer. Once diner was over we followed Rie’s student to some bar he heard about and sat down for drinks. It was at this time I learned ( after several back and forth text messages ) that Hilda couldn’t make it out to meet me till later ,and since trains returning to Kurobe don’t run late I told her we would hang out some other weekend so I remained with Rie and the others. We had several more drinks and hung there at the bar talking and relaxing for our remaining time in Toyama. After leaving the Bar around 10 something I headed home for the night.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you on the busy tip of life, and updating as you go! Hopefully I can hear all about the adventures first-hand sometime soon! Miss you so much. Have fun, and don't slow down one bit! You're obviously en-route to your peaceful takeover of Japan as Empress. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck liver is tasty... wait till you try dried duck blood, >_>... Anyways... Just some makeup?... how about amazing up... o_O... It was gorgeous, Xp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... you said Fragua and I just got what you were trying to say... its Foie Gras, >_>... And you took French... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure it's "C'est que se?!" Monsieur Duck.

    ReplyDelete