Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bow and Arrow please!!

Sunday November 8th:
So after coming back from Toyama the night before I didn’t manage to get much sleep before I had to get up (earlier then I do for work! -___-) to the dentetsu station for our Kurobe Gorge trip that morning. Twelve of us in total gathered together at the station and then hopped on the train around 8:30 to Unazuki. Once we got there we ended up taking pictures together with little conductor hats, and grabbed a drink/snack before getting on the open window train car up the mountain. Thankfully the weather had been far warmer than it had been the last few days and the open window cars were fairly pleasant outside of the small gushes of wind when we passed through tunnels. The view was lovely. So many trees of red, gold, and orange surrounded by some of the most beautiful water I’d ever seen. When the sun broke the clouds the view was even more breath taking. By the time we reached the top (an hour and a half trip at least) I had snapped over one hundred pictures. After getting to the top we walked about a half mile further up the mountain (which was no small task. I need to start working out asap) to a small restaurant/onsen place. Here we ate (I had udon) and the others were preparing to get into the onsen. I protested on going, but somehow they convinced me that they didn’t care and that in the end if I didn’t get in I would regret it. With more hesitation I finally gave up the ghost and got in. They were happy I joined them, and it was a nice experience, hot!, but nice. Even Rebekah who stood up got a photo taken of her because she wasn’t behind the bamboo wall! XD It was quite funny. This onsen experience however was rather short lived (40 minutes) because our group needed to catch the train back down the mountain. Getting dry and walking back to the station (blissfully downhill XD) we caught the train in time. Unfortunately it was rather crowded and we ended up facing a group of Japanese people (older people who were very interested and nice to us) who talked to Jack about things. They were amusing but I passed out half way through the trip and didn’t wake until we got to the bottom. Un-boarding we gathered in a group and discovered that we had a little over an hour before we needed to catch the dentetsu back to Kurobe. Some of us decided that we wanted something sweet so the group went to a small café and had cake and coffee until it was time to leave. It was when we all arrived back in Kurobe we decided to meet up at Pizza Jam in an hour for dinner and the end of our day. Let’s say we were all very tired because we were all laying down on the table until we got our food. I was very hungry and I ate quite a bit, but I feel the days earlier events balanced out the food I ate XD . Once everyone was full to the gills we called it a night and I went home.

Monday Nov 9th:
Awesomeness at Chuo Elem. and then Eikawa class that night. It was particularly funny because towards the end we talked about Zodiac signs. Well I was trying to explain their western zodiac signs to them and the topic of sex came up. I tried my damndest to beat around about it, but eventually I just had to say it and they all mostly said they just plain stopped having it. O.o To the Japanese women I am so sorry and Japanese men need some help.
Thursday Nov 12th:
After work me and Toshi ( my Japanese teaching partner) had to go to Mikaiji Elem school for a regular meeting which I completely didn’t realize I had. Getting there we were separated into two groups and I ended up working with the table who taught 5th and 6th years. Kathy (another ALT) who is extremely strong willed basically lead the meeting over the Japanese superiors that were there. I offered up my ideas, and was praised by her for them. She said even though I’m a new ALT I am very good at my job, and that I have ideas she would have never thought of. I appreciated the compliments though I’s rather not have too many of these regular meetings XD They are slightly stressful, especially when my original intent was to stay quiet in the corner and listen! After the meeting broken Rosa and I went to Indira (and Indian restaurant as I’m sure you could guess from the name) and had dinner. It had been forever since I had Indian food and it was a welcomed treat. I ate a bunch here too!.I’m really going to have to do something about these eating binges I’ve been on lately. I wonder if they put something in the milk >.>

Friday Nov 13th:
Today was a Koshino Jr. High day and school open house. Basically parents come and watch their kids in class. In my first class one of my BOE (board of education) supervisors came in to observe the class. All the journals I had been grading were put on the walls and she praised me for being so active in the school. Then she observed one of my classes in which she told me afterwards that I did a wonderful job. She also said I shouldn’t put my arm around the kids (boys) shoulder. This boy was 15 and apparently according to her got “excited” by the notion. O.o since when is an arm on the shoulder sexual?? I just shrugged it off and when she left I laughed my ass off. I’m so not going to stop doing that. That’s why these boys turn into perverse old men because a girl touching them in anyway outside of violence is just toooo much for them to handle at 15 XD!
Afterschool around 6:40 Yuko (another BOE member) picked me up so we can go to archery practice together. A guy from the office taught us and another woman. It was really fun (though I pouted cause I wanted to be instantly great at it >.<’’’) I am definitely going to go back and practice as often as I can so I can shoot someone from far away whenever I want to!!!!!!! Ahem >.> so moving on. After the lesson I was dropped off at my apartment and then hopped in my car to drive to Uozu to meet with people for Karaoke. I made it in good time and I was there for about an hour. I sung one song and helped with a few others. Which reminds me, I need to start getting things ready if I am going to try out for the Charity show later this month. >.< I’m going to be so nervous!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So basically the Japs ain't havin' sex and you're molesting 15 year olds.... Alrighty...

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought your activity calmed down a LITTLE, apparently I was wrong. But that's a good thing. You keep at the busy thing, and get good at archery! I may just have to get you an actual composite bow or somethin rather than a bladed weapon just to show your diversity in adeptness! (Tonfas come after that, by the by). And the only reason that boy got "excited" in any regard was because a pretty lady was touchin him and he wasn't use to that. ^_^;; As though American boys wouldn't feel the same way. Just keep teachin how you teach, because apparently it's a VERY good job. I miss you~ Hope to talk to you soon, dear.

    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure it means, the Japanese women think she's too hot not to have, and the Japanese men are going good god, you haven't? Well well well... Small world... no I'm not talking about the fact I am a small Japanese...

    ReplyDelete