Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catching up in Small posts: END

So finally on the current week at hand!.

ALTHOUGH there is a P.S for last weeks events!
********************************************************************************
Friday I had to stop by Chuo Elementary schools before heading back to my normal school for the day (Koshino Jr. High). I wore my same suit but I left my hair out and had a little bang over one eye. Everyone at the elementary school thought I looked really nice. However once I took the photos with the faculty I went home, changed and headed to Koshino. I was about ten minutes later I ran up into the class. I opened the door and as soon as the students laid eyes on me, I received a roar of “oooooo's” and “ahhhh's” and “beautiful!” all accompanied with a round of the place from the entirety of the class. I smiled so hard, and felt so blessed that I have such a good repore with my students. It seems that they really like me, and I just might be their favorite ALT.
********************************************************************************
Monday (19th)

A normal wonderful Chuo Elementary school workday with the exception that I went to Koshino to take faculty pictures. This week I'm teaching shapes to the 3rd graders and 4th and 6th graders are learning countries, food, sports and instruments. After work I did something (perhaps food) and then went to my Eikawa class. It was nice, but I felt sad for one of my students. He lost his cat and he thinks shes gone for good. He looked so sad so I changed the subject as soon as possible and we focused on reading an English brochures of famous Japanese places.

Tuesday:
Work, of course but always an enjoyable experience. Got the first of my English journals back . Of course I didn't get all of them but the few Ive gotten have been fun to read. Ill have to make a post about school materials and things of work/ informative matters soon.
I went out and bought some more fabric and a few others things for Halloween costume. I have no idea how it's going to end up, but at least I can say I tried?!

Wednesday:
So I was at Chuo, good day of course. After work I went to Mihoko's work and waited for Rosa there to talk about our winter trip. To confirm we will NOT go to China as we planned. We will have to work out the kinks and see what will happen. I booked my Tokyo trip next month as well,and I am looking forward to that. . After a very long time in Mihoko's office we headed to dinner at Green Cafe. It was good to be there again, and I should be headed there again on Friday for Rosa's birthday party. This was also the day that started the nights of no flippin sleep. Half because of working on the costume, ¼ distractions buy other things and the last fourth out of simple frustration.

Thursday(23rd):
Coming down to the wire when it comes to the costume, and tired as all hell. Working at Takase was fine, and I think the kids are starting to warm up to me. Its really hard to get use to the students and vice versa when they only see their professor every blue moon (literally, but that rant is for another time). Once I got out of work I took a trip to Apita (think wal-mart kinda) and bought a new camera. The one I brought from home just won't run off of Japanese batteries. The batteries last all of 5 minutes and then the camera is dead again. Ill keep the camera and give it to my sister when I get back to the states. So if she wants to go somewhere she can take pictures. The camera is an Olympus fe 300 and I'll have plenty a chance to work it in on during the Halloween Party Saturday night.

P.S I would also like to mention that my apartment is an absolute disaster. Wish my luck in cleaning this monster after all the weekends festivities slow down.

2 comments:

  1. Just remember: you better have pictures of this costume if it robbed you of precious sleep! Hope to talk to you soon, and glad to know things are well though busy-busy. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new camera! I loved those pics you took of the school and community before - do you have any of your apartment? Is shopping difficult or are there the same types of food you'd be eating at home! We need to talk to skype soon!

    ReplyDelete